Friday, November 9, 2007

Baked Mussels (Baked Tahong)















When I was a kid, my mom used to serve baked tahong (mussels) and I always found it to be a treat when she cooks it. We normally have it when there are special occasions and I figured that it should be hard to prepare. But it's not! I got her recipe for baked tahong and I get to cook it every time I want it. :)



Baked Tahong (Baked Mussels)


1/2 kg Tahong or Mussels
1/2 cup Velveeta or Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/2 cup Butter
3 tablespoons mayonaisse
6 cloves of garlic, minced

Mussels:
If not using cooked mussels, boil mussels in water until it starts opening. Clean mussels and lay out in baking pan.

Toppings:
Saute garlic and set aside as topping.
Mix cheese, butter and mayonaisse then spoon mixture on top of each layed out mussel. Fill the shell of the mussel with the mixture. Put garlic as garnishing on top.
Bake on a preheated oven at 220C for 8-10 minutes or until top becomes golden brown.

Serve immediately. Enjoy!






No comments:

 
or