Saturday, December 8, 2007

Vanilla Mantecado For A Birthday Cake

I have another order for a birthday cake this week and I did a Vanilla Mantecado. It is a normal vanilla sponge cake, but what makes it special is that it is brushed and drizzled with Tres Leches Sauce making it very moist and tasty. I made some Caramel Glaze to fill and crumb frost the cake, and then finally covered it the Chocolate Buttercream made from bittersweet chocolates. The buttercream also had some chocolate bits. I smoothened the top for some decorations, and left the sides a little ruffled. I have also piped some more of the buttercream on the bottom and top border of the cake. I topped it with some sugar flowers and dragees. I left some space for writing, but I never had the courage because it might ruin the cake! :) I hope they would enjoy the cake, as much as I had fun making it!



No comments:

 
or