Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dainty Cupcakes

I was never a fan of Sex and the City and I have not heard of Magnolia up until yesterday. I knew Sprinkles Cupcakes in Beverly Hills, but I never knew that Magnolia in NY is a bigger deal! Magnolia is a cupcake-only bakeshop in NY and was once the hangout of the girls in Sex and the City.

Anyway, what brings my interest to cupcakes is that I wanted variety. I dream that someday I would be giving patrons options if they would like just real huge cakes or if they wanted a small cutting/blowing cake with cupcake towers for the guest. :) Hehe nice!


For this week, I tried making Chocolate Cupcakes topped with Chocolate Buttercream and some frosted with Vanilla Buttercream. These cupcakes are for purists. Just some good old moist cupcakes and plain frostings on top. Photos below are cupcakes ready to be served. These are very yummy! They go very well with coffee!

To make the cupcakes look dainty, I just swirled the frostings on the cupcake, added sugar flowers on top (violet for vanilla and pink for chocolate) and placed silver dragees on top.

Now I'm inspired to create a cupcake menu. :)














No comments:

 
or