Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My First Macarons


I'm officially baking again and to start off my baking spree, I am making some Macarons for the first time. Macarons are the new Cupcakes now. Shops selling these had been popping all over and they sell it at an exorbitant 1.95$ per piece!

These are my first ever Macarons. I used some Almond flour that I made out of whole Almonds that I bought. I ground the almonds in the food processor and got some really nice flour.

I think I did well for the first time, but I'm not happy with it. Perfection. Perfection. Some of the Macarons had cracks on the surface, and these are supposed to be really smooth, delicate little pastries. As I got them out of the oven, I was disappointed that I had cracks. So what I did was to make what I do perfectly - Buttercream. I just filled the Macarons with Swiss Buttercream. They tasted heavenly!


I want to bake more Macarons. I want perfection.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hi Odette,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,
Mike Thomas

 
or